Check Before you Hire
- Employer must be 21 years old and above.
- No mental incapacity.
- Working adult with annual income of S$30k and above (for 1 FDWs)
- If is retired, need to have financial means to caregiver’s salary (S$50k saving for example)
- Must attend Employer Orientation Programme (EOP)
- Employer is working adult but annual income < S$30k or retired but no S$50k saving: You may still apply under Sponsorship Scheme or Joint Income Scheme.
- To avoid unnecessary delay for the application process, it is advisable for employer have SingPass Ready, you may want to apply one here: Register for SingPass.
- Need to update your residential address ? You may do so at ICA Website via This Link.
Eg: Based on agreement Salary S$650 and 2 off days / month
Basic Salary S$650.00 (Basic salary is assuming every Sunday Off)
Bothe Employer and FDW agreed for 2 off days / month, meaning the other 2 or 3 Sunday she will be working, hence, Employer is expected to top up the salary at daily rate (650/26=S$25)
Total salary paid to FDW is S$650+S$25X2=S$700 (if there are 4 Sundays in the month)
OR S$650+S$25X3=S$725 (if there are 5 Sundays in the month)
Insurance (Hong Leong Assurance)
- We encourage employers to use HL Assurance’s Essential Coverage – Enhanced (26 months) – S$ 292.00 net.
- Waiver of Counter Indemnity for Letter of Guarantee to MOM S$ 53.50 net. (Optional)
- Bi-Yearly Medical Check-up (Valid for 1 or 2 years from policy effective date) (Optional)
- 1 Year – S$ 42.80 net
- 2 Years – S$ 107.00 net
- Refund of unused premiums are calculated by HL
- Direct refund if payment made with credit
- Refund will take longer to process if payment made in any other.
- Other Benefits:
- Any GP visit to Healthway Medical’s panel of clinics the consultation fee is flat $14.
- Any dental visit to Healthway Medical’s dental clinics the consultation fee is waived if treatment is
- Policy schedule received from HL must be presented at clinic upon
Download Insurance Application Form Here for more details.
Link to Policy and Panel of Clinics: https://www.hlas.com.sg/personalinsurance/maidinsurance/
Scenario No. 1: Deployment
Mdm Tan 83 years old who is suffering from Dementia, she stays alone in a HDB 3Rm flat, now she is looking to hire a full time caregiver:
Thinking 1. Mdm Tan does not have mental capacity to be employer, so she can’t hire under her name.
Thinking 2. Mdm Tan’s Next of Kin can hire if they meet the requirement as an employer, but the caregiver they hired is only suppose to work within the registered address, how to take care of Mdm Tan ?
Solution: It is advisable to seek for pre approval from Minister of Manpower for Deployment Arrangement: draft a letter and send in via email. You may download a copy of Appeal Letter – Deployment
For Appeal to MOM:
Tel: 6438 5122
- Be a responsible MDW employer: – Do’s and don’ts to help your MDW work safely at home.
- A guide to enhancing your MDW mental well-being: Learn more about stress, how you can help manage your MDW’s stress level, and the channels to seek help from
- A well-rested helper can take better care of your family
- Issue 45 – Fostering a harmonious working relationship with your helper
- Issue 44 – Support your helper’s health and well-being
- Issue 43 – Your helper must not be illegally deployed
- Issue 42 – Ensure the safety of your helper
- Issue 41 – Ensure the safety of your helper
- Issue 40 – Ensure your helper gets enough rest
- Issue 39 – Pay your helper in full and on time
- Issue 38 – Do not safe-keep any money belonging to your helper
- Issue 37 – Pay your helper’s salary electronically, and encourage her to use e-remittance
- Issue 36 – It is illegal to deploy your helper to work for other households or perform non-domestic chores
- Issue 35 – Ensure that your helper works only for you
- Issue 34 – How well is your helper coping with working and living in Singapore
Live in caregivers are overseas professions who obtained their certificates (Caregiver Certificate / Nursing Aide / Diploma in Nursing / Bachelor Science in Nursing Etc) in their home country or some in Singapore Training Institutions.
They are carefully selected and trained by our Professional Nurses (Registered Nurses in Singapore)
For an experienced caregiver, their daily task includes:
Transfer Client from Bed to Wheelchair or Vice Versa
Shower for patient (male or female)
Diaper Changing (male or female)
Monitor and Keep Record of Vital Signs (Blood Pressure / Heart Rate / Blood Glucose Level / Oxygen Level Etc)
Diabetes Management (include insulin administration)
Prepare Special Meals according to Doctor’s Order (Blended Diet / Minced Diet Etc)
Urinary Catheter (Drain out the urine without causing infection)
Bed Sore Management (Frequent Turning In Bed Etc)
Daily Exercise (Limbs Exercise / Assisted Walking Exercise)
Escort Client for Medical Appointments
Wound Management (Dressing)
Stoma Bag Care
Airway Management (Suctioning of Airway / Use of Inhaler)
PEG Tube Feeding and Care
Mental Disorder (Depression / Schizophrenia / Autism)
Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease
Down Syndrome Etc
Live in Caregivers are FDWs, therefore they stay in Employer’s house and take care of your love one with medical conditions (bedridden / wheelchair bound / with NGT feeding / change diaper or assisted shower etc)
It is common that they share a same room with client so to provide absolute care 24/7 (adequate rest is ensured) at client’s comfort own home
Patient’s condition changes, therefore after Caregiver started working in Client’s house, Our Trainers who are Registered Nurses will arrange Home Visit with client to:
Review Plan of Care based on client’s medical condition
Re-assess Caregiver’s competency and provide additional training accordingly
Receive feedbacks from client / client’s family members
Hence, in Top Faith we only provide guideline for their salary, final amount can be discussed between Employer and Caregivers during the interview.