- Employer must be 21 years old and above.
- No mental incapacity.
- Working adult with annual income of S$30k and above (for 1 FDWs)
- If is retired, need to have financial means to caregiver’s salary (S$50k saving for example)
- Must attend Employer Orientation Programme (EOP)
- Employer is working adult but annual income < S$30k or retired but no S$50k saving: You may still apply under Sponsorship Scheme or Joint Income Scheme.
- To avoid unnecessary delay for the application process, it is advisable for employer have SingPass Ready, you may want to apply one here: Register for SingPass.
- Need to update your residential address ? You may do so at ICA Website via This Link.
Eg: Based on agreement Salary S$650 and 2 off days / month
Basic Salary S$650.00 (Basic salary is assuming every Sunday Off)
Bothe Employer and FDW agreed for 2 off days / month, meaning the other 2 or 3 Sunday she will be working, hence, Employer is expected to top up the salary at daily rate (650/26=S$25)
Total salary paid to FDW is S$650+S$25X2=S$700 (if there are 4 Sundays in the month)
OR S$650+S$25X3=S$725 (if there are 5 Sundays in the month)
Insurance (Hong Leong Assurance)
- We encourage employers to use HL Assurance’s Essential Coverage – Enhanced (26 months) – S$ 292.00 net.
- Waiver of Counter Indemnity for Letter of Guarantee to MOM S$ 53.50 net. (Optional)
- Bi-Yearly Medical Check-up (Valid for 1 or 2 years from policy effective date) (Optional)
- 1 Year – S$ 42.80 net
- 2 Years – S$ 107.00 net
- Refund of unused premiums are calculated by HL
- Direct refund if payment made with credit
- Refund will take longer to process if payment made in any other.
- Other Benefits:
- Any GP visit to Healthway Medical’s panel of clinics the consultation fee is flat $14.
- Any dental visit to Healthway Medical’s dental clinics the consultation fee is waived if treatment is
- Policy schedule received from HL must be presented at clinic upon
Download Insurance Application Form Here for more details.
Scenario No. 1: Deployment
Mdm Tan 83 years old who is suffering from Dementia, she stays alone in a HDB 3Rm flat, now she is looking to hire a full time caregiver:
Thinking 1. Mdm Tan does not have mental capacity to be employer, so she can’t hire under her name.
Thinking 2. Mdm Tan’s Next of Kin can hire if they meet the requirement as an employer, but the caregiver they hired is only suppose to work within the registered address, how to take care of Mdm Tan ?
Solution: It is advisable to seek for pre approval from Minister of Manpower for Deployment Arrangement: draft a letter and send in via email. You may download a copy of Appeal Letter – Deployment
For Appeal to MOM:
Tel: 6438 5122